Insurance Requirements

Suppliers are required to carry insurance for any work they are performing that puts University personnel or property at risk.  Suppliers that are on ISU property to construct or modify facilities, perform maintenance or repairs, install equipment or make frequent deliveries will be required to be insured.  Some professional services, even if they are not performed on ISU property, may also require insurance.  The supplier may be asked to provide a certificate of insurance as proof that they have adequate coverage upon request.  The State of Iowa; the Board of Regents, State of Iowa; and Iowa State University must be named as additional insureds.  The necessary insurance requirements for the work to be performed will be referenced in the purchase order, contract or bid (RFP/RFQ). 


Insurance Categories